Where Companies Find Their Talent
Businesses looking to hire IT employees have two options: either searching on their own or applying to a recruiting agency. Many choose the latter to save resources or avoid hiring an in-house recruiter for their team.
Our company has extensive experience working with highly skilled IT professionals, including those with rare skill sets. Such talent is scarce on the island and hard to find elsewhere without assistance.
Having been in the market for a long time, we know:
Who Companies Hire The Most?
- Which countries are the easiest and fastest to recruit programmers from
- How to describe the job and the benefits of relocation to make experts want to move
- How to find developers with the right stack (including the rarest ones)
- Where candidates look for job opportunities and how to approach them
The IT industry in Cyprus offers an average monthly salary of €4000-5000
for specialists, indicating high competition for available positions.
- Lead-level candidates are highly sought-after and can easily secure employment opportunities. However, the number of open Tech and Team Lead positions is limited, since a company usually requires only one of them per team
- The majority of vacancies are available for professionals at the Middle and Senior levels
- Junior specialists need additional investment in the form of training, making Middle-level candidates a more cost-effective option for businesses in the long run
European developers usually prefer to stay on the mainland and avoid moving away from central countries, whereas individuals from the CIS countries find the warm and tranquil island a popular relocation destination.The Format Of Work
There has been an increased demand for remote work in the last couple of years. Our experience shows that before the global lockdown in 2020, only 15% of employees worked remotely full-time, but in 2022 that number rose to 40-50%. However, not all companies are willing or able to establish a distributed team. Some are not legally comfortable with this mode of operation and require a physical office location. Others are hesitant to risk data and invest significant amounts of money in cybersecurity (which can often exceed the cost of maintaining an office). This is especially true for industries like forex, where brokers deal with large financial assets and require strict security measures.
But after certain geopolitical events in 2022, the inflow of relocating specialists has again skyrocketed, especially from Russia, Belarus, and Ukraine. As a result, more candidates became available for office-based employment.
After relocation, a developer can be offered a hybrid schedule.